Today I’m not going to talk about taxonomy (and bleed ourselves to death) nor Azaleos’ female counterpart (and how dry it can be). So, no. It’s Azalea but not the shrub.
I’ll simply share my story of how our weekend staycation in Azalea Residences went and how it can be the new black in the Summer Capital of the Philippines, Baguio City.
The rooms (I got the chance to see the deluxe type and the 2-bedroom suite) were spacious, clean, and breezy that aircon is not really a necessity. The hotel has just started operations a few months back and so I wish this condition stays forever.
Each spot of the rooms has cabled, flat-screen, and wall-mounted televisions. Too bad that connection wasn’t so terrific that you have to endure so much static on the TVs. Oh well, it wasn’t the reason of your stay there anyway so I’ll let that pass.
The room may have kitchen utensils and equipment along with a fridge but there is no complimentary water so make sure to bring a bottled water.
The sliding doors at the veranda has this little lock which I find as a potential cause of robbery because it can be broken with less or no effort.
Service can never be better. During our stay, we experienced nothing but superb service. I even thought for a while that we were VIPs.
Alert the person at the front desk or any of the staff if you want your room cleaned. While we were out to explore Baguio, we left the “make-up room” sign the whole day to no avail.
Azalea is indeed the definition of staycation. Why?
- You got the cozy kitchen with a microwave and built-in electric stove hence say bye-bye to fire worries. It is also complete with kitchen utensils.
- The bathroom toiletries are complete from shampoo, soap, toothbrush/paste, and clean towels and towelletes.
- You can wear the robes and the slippers while ironing your clothes using the included iron and board.
- There will never be a scarcity of pillow as it is everywhere inside the rooms. Another thing is, they aren’t the ohmigosh-I-didn’t-sleep-well-my-pillow-is-uber-hard type.
- Seamless wifi connection is one factor that social media dorks are after. Good news is that Azalea has a couple of wifi networks so if one fails, you can simply switch to the others.
- Aside from their cozy pantry, Azalea also has this mini-bar where alcoholic beverages can be requested, of course for a fee.
FOOD / GASTRONOMY
Though I love the food served at their pantry called Tradisyon, some of them were cold hence very uninviting.
The sumptuous three-course meal served during our dinner. The dessert was interesting.
The rates, IMHO, may not be enticing for those who are all about budget and being cheap. But if you’re aiming for a real vacation with less hassle, you won’t regret every cent that you’ll spend on this hotel.
HOTEL IN GENERAL
I often book hotels within the same price range since I’d rather spend more on food than the accommodation but overall, I had a positive experience during our whole stay. That being said, I recommend Azalea Residences as your Baguio holiday haven.
For inquiries and more information, you may contact Azalea Residences at the following:
Azalea Residences Baguio
Leonard Wood Loop, Brgy. M Roxas, Baguio City 2600
(074) 442 8888
i really had a great time with the gang at azalea! kahit natalo tayo sa challenge, alam mong mas masarap ang food natin! hahah
Naku. Dapat disqualified! Yung masarap nilang mashed potato ay galing pala sa KFC! ☺