Cambodia,  How To,  Uncategorized,  Vietnam

Vietnam-Cambodia Border Crossing

You’re done with the Cu Chi Tunnels tour in Vietnam but still want to cross to Cambodia for some temple hopping? Here’s what you need to do in the borders of Moc Bai and Bavet when traveling by public bus.

Vietnam - Cambodia Border Crossing
International border crossing.

Moc Bai (Vietnam Border)

  1. Get off your bus and enter the immigration.
  2. Wait in line and on your queue, entrust your passport to the immigration officer. Usually, bus conductors collect all the passports of their passengers and bring them to the immigration before you even unload the bus.
  3. Wait until the grumpy immigration officer returns your passport back to you.
  4. Exit the immigration office and go back to your bus.

Bavet (Cambodia Border)

  1. Fill out the arrival and departure cards that your bus conductor will distribute before you get off the bus.
    Vietnam - Cambodia Border Crossing
    You need to submit separate arrival and departure cards when entering and leaving Cambodia.
  2. Enter the immigration then wait in line and for your queue.
  3. Hand over your passport and filled-out arrival card to the immigration officer. The departure card will be asked from you once you leave Cambodia.
  4. Return to your bus once your passport has been handed back to you.


  1. Always bring a pen and other identification cards with you.
  2. Filling out the arrival and departure cards before presenting yourself to the immigration officer will save you the hassle.
  3. Be courteous and answer with all honesty when ask with questions regarding the purpose of your visit in the country you are about to enter.
  4. Remember to always check your passport if it really has been stamped before leaving the immigration. You wouldn’t want to be in a Victor Navorski situation where no countries would allow you to enter their terrirtories.
    Vietnam - Cambodia Border Crossing
    Do not leave the immigration without seeing your stamp.
  5. Do not take photos within the immigration area as it is prohibited for most countries.

error: Content is protected !!