On our third day in Siargao, we were told by Wave Cave’s lodge caretaker, Kuya Manny, that our three-part island hopping activities will kick off in Guyam Island. In the Bicol region, guyam means langgam or ant. And so when the word guyam was mentioned I immediately thought of an ant and its minuscule size. Wonderful beaches really make me ecstatic that I sometimes forget things including asking why Guyam was named as such.
I have been reading blog posts about Guyam Island and kept on getting the same thing.
- powdery sand
- clear water
- coconut trees
- rock formations within the beach
- strong winds from the Pacific
- 10-minute away from General Luna
- across it is a good spot for surfing
- perfect for overnight camping
- can be reached by kayak
I’ve been to the place and all that I have read were all true.
So why am I still writing this when much about Guyam has already been said? I guess there’s nothing more that I can add up to those list of things that you will keep on getting from the internet aside from these few:
- Guyam Island has been photographed and featured in the cover of Lonely Planet year 2002
- landing fee for those who do not intend to use the cottage is Php 40 ($1)
- cottage rental is Php 200 ($5) regardless of the number of people who will use it or how long you’ll be staying
- aside from the cottages, the beach has benches perfect for relaxation
- hammocks can be tied to the palm trees in the island
In Guyam Island, you will definitely not be uyam. #ibeteveryonereadingthiswillgooglewhatuyammeans
[…] sea snakes (Siargao) Cloud 9, a dream came true with a bonus of three more superb beaches: Daku, Guyam, and Pansukian. But hold on. Didja know that I almost puke after seeing the sea snakes lurking […]
[…] lodge also offers trips to Siargao’s nearby islands (Daku, Pansukian, and Guyam), transportation services, and can pretty much organize your whole […]
[…] renowned Cloud 9, you can also visit the neighboring islands of Daku, Pansukian, and Guyam, which are at least 10 minutes away from the town proper General Luna. Fixed rate for island […]