Recently, I learned of this new insane activity, which doesn’t require anything but a crazy mind. Readers, let me present my newly-found addiction, PLANKING. Thanks to Mean from whom I’ve first seen plank photos.
Planking is also known as the lying down game wherein one is expected to lay down with face touching the ground and with both hands, at a pointed direction, touching the sides of the body. And oh boy, I’ve seen so much crazy plank photos over the net.
Surprisingly, this activity has rules. Planking can’t be considered planking if you miss out even just one.
- You must always lay face down, ensuring your face remains expressionless for the duration of the Plank.
- Your legs must remain straight, and together with toes pointed.
- Your arms must be placed by your side, held straight and fingers pointed.
- You must make it known that you are Planking. Saying ‘I am Planking’ usually get this across. Sternly announcing it will ensure a good result.
- Your safety should always be considered. Properly thought through Planking procedures should always go to plan. Never put your self at undue risk.
- Every Plank that is captured must be named.
The origin of Planking is unclear as many has claimed to have started this craze. I don’t care, really.
And here are some of its name according to country:
- 시체놀이 – playing dead, South Korea
- à plat ventre – on one’s belly, France
- extreme lying down – Australasia
- facedowns – USA and Ireland
- Planking – Australia, New Zealand, and worldwide
My planking shots.
Click HERE for more of my Planking photos. Plank safe, everyone!
Kaiz is a stay-at-home mom and currently works as an Operations Specialist for a software engineering company based in the US.