Being born and raised in a tropical country, I had no idea what type of clothing is required to make you comfortable in an alpine country until our recent trek to the Everest Base Camp. So when we were making preparations for our trek, one of our main concerns was the kind of clothes we need to bring and wear. Especially me, lamigin kasi ako. Then I found out that I must have a base layer, a fleece jacket, a down jacket, and a rain jacket. Woot! Hearing all these made me think how heavy wearing all four could get.
Great thing Mountain Hardwear has Microchill™ Jacket which is really lightweight yet it gives you the comfort you’d need specially during cold nights. It’s not bulky unlike other fleece jackets out there making it more perfect for hiking or backpacking. Aside from that, the jacket hugs you in all the right places so you wouldn’t have to worry about it being too loose or being too tight.
Here are some more photos taken during our EBC trek while we were wearing our fleece jackets.
What makes the jacket even greater is its variety of fun colors! There’s Atlantis, Emerald, Plum for women and Rocket, Azul, and Black for men. Actually, there’s a lot more! Here’s a video Dwine created during our layover in Penang, Malaysia showcasing the different colors of our Microchill™ Jacket.
Below are other helpful details which will surely make you want to get your own Microchill™ Jacket.
According to Mountain Hardwear, the jacket is “Lightweight, warm and great for layering. With its soft hand feel and consistent warmth from collar to hem, the Microchill Jacket is tailor-made for slipping over a base layer or wearing as a light standalone jacket. Its light weight and versatility make it perfect for packing in.“
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Dual hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments.
- Chin guard for comfort.
- Body Fabric: Microchill Fleece
- Body Fabric Content: 100% polyester
- Center Back Length: 25 ” / 64 cm
- Apparel Fit: Standard
- Weight: 9.4 oz. / 266 g.
- Ski / Snowboard
- Backpacking / Hiking
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ – Despite being lightweight, the Microchill™ Jacket gave me enough warmth and comfort during our icy nights and chilly hiking in the Khumbu Region of Nepal.
- Mountain Hardwear Trinoma — 621 7092
- Mountain Hardwear SM Megamall — 631 5698
- R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street — 856 4639
- Mountain Hardwear SM Lanang Premier — (82) 285 2022
- R.O.X. Ayala Cebu — (32) 421 6247
- R.O.X. Marquee Mall — (45) 304 1375 / 76
- R.O.X. Camp John Hay — (74) 244 7593
- R.O.X. Centrio — (88) 323 4062
- R.O.X. Bacolod — (034) 703 1342